Album published in 1999 (released 2011-11-25)
It has an average rating of
10.0 10 2
Their follow up to Falling Into Infinity. It is a concept album, where the whole CD is one large story split up into two acts and twelve scenes. It is the story about the characters introduced back in 1992 on Images and Words, with the song "Metropolis Part I". It is a murder mystery that unfolds as the album progresses.
- 1. Act I: Scene One: Regression 2:06
- 2. Act I: Scene Two: I. Overture 1928 3:37
- 3. Act I: Scene Two: II. Strange Déjà Vu 5:12
- 4. Act I: Scene Three: I. Through My Words 1:02
- 5. Act I: Scene Three: II. Fatal Tragedy 6:49
- 6. Act I: Scene Four: Beyond This Life 11:22
- 7. Act I: Scene Five: Through Her Eyes 5:29
- One word: Incredible. This is their best album to date. It even manages to surpass Images and Words in every way. The story is phenomenal and has enough twists to keep you thinking and guessing until the end. There is a lot of hidden meaning, and the lyrics are very well written. The songs themelves are a testament to the talent of these five guys. The music has true emotion and some of the most complicated parts ever woven into a song. It is nice to see that after the lackluster Falling Into Infinity album, they can come right back to where they were before, and blow everything else out of the water.
- Dave M
- Awesome concept, excellently executed. I still listen to this album from start to finish.